Thursday, August 18, 2005

reflection


When I fist bought my Alleweder, it was already painted in that red color ("roover-red" is the correct name of that color). That was not bad, I only found it a little bit boring, especially with the black nose cone. To paint that in exactly the same color as the rest of the bike, was impossible (it was painted with car paint and a complete reddish velomobile did not look too good either). One day when out shopping at the mall I came across a row of paint spray cans. When I saw the silver color, I knew that I wanted that one. It is pretty neutral compared to the other colors and it kind of breaks all the red.
I also wanted a logo on the flanks and after looking at several of them, I chose the one from Monster Inc. All of its colors are reflective, even the black.
Because only the logo was not sufficient enough, I decided to experiment with reflective white foil squares. I wanted everything in such a way that at night, every road user would have a pretty good view on the dimensions of my velomobile. For the same reason I also used some squares at the back below the tail light.
I also put some reflective dots on the wheelcovers. They serve a dual purpose : not only do they “move” when riding it at night, which attracks a little more attention, they also let me know where the valves of the inner tubes are placed behind the covers. When I need to check tire pressure or inflate the tires, I never need to search for the valves. This comes in pretty handy, especially for the rear wheel !
I still like the complete look of my “monstermobile” and hope it will last for a couple of years to come ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home