Sunday, August 21, 2005

seat



When I bought the Alleweder, it still had the original aluminum seat. It was not comfortable at all, so it had to go. I still had the seat of a Batavus Relaxx lying around somewhere, which was a kind of recumbent I used to ride a couple of years ago. It only took a couple of weeks to get adjusted to that seat and I even took for a cycling holiday, so why not use that seat for the Alleweder. A friend of mine made an extra stick underneath the seat with 2 small plates out of stainless steel, so that we could attach the seat in the original holes in the Alleweder. For the top of the seat, he created a special mount so that we could attach the seat to the top of the back space above the real wheel. It is only mounted with one bolt and I feared that that would not be enough, but so far it did not move an inch. The seat is not adjustable, which is fine since I'm the only one riding the Alleweder.
Recline is around 35 degrees, which suits me fine (I never really measured it).
Because the seat has a mesh back, I never have a wet back. Even in summer a breeze flows through the pedal hole and makes it possible to keep on riding, even in high temperatures.
The seat is a bit heavy (the original weighs a lot less) but is much more comfortable. And that is still the main reason for keeping it.
I'm considering replacing it with the Versatile seat somewhere in the future, which would save me some weight without giving up comfort. But according to Flevobike.nl, their seat is not available seperately yet ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home